I am using two Unity 4.2 systems in my lab for testing a customer VPIM configuration. Both are in separate domains and are VM with Exchange on-box. Let me first say that VPIM messaging is working fine. My problem is MWI. I have two Dial ID's; 100 for site 1, and 200 for site 2. In the customer's current CCM configuration, phones have 4 digit extensions. There are translation and/or route patterns that allow dialing 100XXXX or 200XXXX that strip down to the 4 digit extensions on phones locally or via ICT. In Unity however the VM boxes are the full 7 digits, i.e., 1001234. The mask on the VM Profile adds the 100 or 200 so Unity will receive the correct number. MWI for IP based calls works fine. Trying to keep them from dialing even more digits when using messaging features in Unity, I made the Dial ID's 100 and 200. I have used the Remote Phone Prefix in the Delivery Location to prefix the 100 or 200 onto the destination mailbox, and this works fine. The remote user does received the voice message. Again the problem is MWI. I am sure when Unity is being told to light the light all that is being provided is the last 4 digits instead of the entire 7. I have not been able to find a way to get the 100 or 200 prepended to light MWI without creating a diffent Dial ID and making them dial 7 digits plus the new Dial ID. I would prefer not to have to make them do this.
It would also be nice to have some troubleshooting tools like port monitor to watch what is going on.