cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to load balance between 2 FXO for 4 Phones??????????

zhangjianping
Level 1
Level 1

In VoiceGateway,

I have 2FXO with 4 Analog Phones.

I want Phone1 & Phone2 go through fxo1 for outbound, and Phone 3 & Phone 4 through fxo2 for outbound call.

How to make it?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

implement COR

Configuring Class of Restrictions (COR)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a008019d649.shtml

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks.

But COR seems fail to match my requirement.

I have neither CCME nor SRST configured on VG, only the simpleset h323 way, includes 4 fxo and 8 fxs (no-DID), I just want 4 phone through fxo1 & fxo2 for outbound, another 4 phone through fxo3 & fxo4 for outbound call.

how to make it

You can configure ephone-dns to support FXO lines which will allow phones to have private lines connected directly to the PSTN. This config should give you an idea:-

ephone-dn 1

trunk 91

!

ephone-dn 2

trunk 91

!

ephone-dn 3

trunk 92

!

ephone-dn 4

trunk 92

!

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern ^91T

port x/y

!

dial-peer voice 11 pots

destination-pattern ^92T

port x/y

!

The first two ephone-dns will use the pots dial-peer 10, and the other two will use pots dial-peer 11. Simply configure a pots dial-peer for each FXO port.

HTH

Allan.

Thanks . 5 points for your help.

Can I use this template under non-CCME and non-SRST mode?

I didn't setup CCME and SRST, only 8 fxo with 4 fxs

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

Are you using CCM with gateway? If so, the route group should be helpful.

I said neither CCME/CCM nor SRST configured.

Only 4 fxo with 8 fxs

The example configuration that I mentioned would be specifically for either CME or CME SRST and not CUCM.

You can acheive similar result using Route-Groups and Lists as mentioned in a previous post.

However, this will only be possible using MGCP not H.323. The reason for this is that a CUCM configured H.323 gateway does not have any knowledge of what ports are physically installed.

When you configure an MGCP gateway on the other hand you have to specify what VWIC or endpoints are installed. Therefore each FXO endpoint can be assigned to a different route-group and route-list.

The only problem with using MGCP for FXO modules is that CLIP is not supported. If you require CLIP then you will have to use H.323.

The problem with using H.323 is in order for outbound calls to be routed via a specific dial-peer/fxo voice-port, then your CallManager route-patterns will have be configured with a specific access or prefix.

For example, you will need to configure two separate partitions, which will be assigned to your route patterns and in turn these partitions will be assigned to the line or device CSS on the phone.

One route pattern will have the pattern 91T in partition FXO-Ports-1and2, and a second pattern 92T in partition FXO-Ports3and4. Both patterns will use the same H.323 gateway.

Assign partition FXO-Ports-1and2 to the CSS to the phones which will use these ports, and the other partition to the CSS for the other phones using ports 3and4.

Configure your dial-peers on the H.323 gateway with the appropriate destination-patterns:-

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 91T

voice-port ?/?

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 91T

preference 1

voice-port ?/?

!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 92T

voice-port ?/?

!

dial-peer voice 4 pots

destination-pattern 92T

preference 1

voice-port ?/?

!

Therefore only the IP Phones with the correct CSS will be able to use the allocated FXO ports.

HTH

Allan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: