cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to site VPN w/ Remote access config

benharned
Level 1
Level 1

I have a main site in USA and a remote site in the UK (w/ 3 users). I have a 5510 in the USA and will be installing a 5505 in the UK. I want to create a site-to-site VPN between the sites and direct all internet traffic from the UK through the 5510 in the USA for filtering and logging. Also I need the UK computers to access my exchange server in the USA.

Also, the manager in the UK travels so I want him to have SSL-VPN access to the UK office while he is on the road.

For the site-to-site, do I just configure a simple IPsec VPN on each ASA? What command do I need to direct the internet traffic to the 5510?

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

You can configure Site-to site VPN using ASDM. Site-to-site VPN features provided by the adaptive security appliance enable businesses to extend their networks across low-cost public Internet connections to business partners and remote offices worldwide while maintaining their network security. A VPN connection enables you to send data from one location to another over a secure connection, or tunnel, first by authenticating both ends of the connection, and then by automatically encrypting all data sent between the two sites.

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

I believe you'll have to specify 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 as the network for the main site.

Also the 5505 in the remote UK office will need a static route for the public IP of your main office. Something like "route outside 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.255

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card