Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Large scale comand deployment

May be anybody knows how to send one line command for all interfaces on many different Cisco devices (switches and routers )with Netconfig service from RME?

LMS 3.0.1

RME 4.1.1

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, Netconfig can do this. If it's the same command you need to send to all devices, it can be as easy as creating a Netconfig job using the Ad Hoc task. To do this, go to RME > Config Mgmt > Netconfig > Netconfig > Netconfig Jobs, and create a new job. Choose your devices, then choose Ad Hoc from the task list. Configure your Ad Hoc instance (i.e. the command you want to deploy), and schedule your job.

Actually, I'm looking to do the same thing as OP, but I believe it's a little more complicated.

Rather than just a global config command, I want to issue a command at the interface-config prompt for every device. For instance, I want to add a description of "Interface" to each interface on multiple devices. Normally, I would enter:

# conf t

(config)# interface [name1]

(config)# desc Interface

(config)# interface [name2]

(config)# desc Interface

(config)# interface [name3]

(config)# desc Interface

and so on ...

Is there a way to use Netconfig to deploy this on multiple devices, considering the number and type of interfaces could differ by device?

Thanks!

Please start a new thread for your issue.

What do you mean ?

Do you want me to send a new message?

Regards

Thank you for you interest in this issue.

I think it is pretty the same.

best regards

Thank you for the qiuck responce but an issue is a little complicated.

I want to use a command "no logging event link-status" under interface-config prompt

on different types of interfaces on all devices in the campus.

We are speaking about hundreds of interfaces.

Many thanks in advance

If there is a well-defined rule for the interfaces that need this command, you might consider using the Baseline Compliance feature of RME instead of Netconfig. For example, if this needs to be applied to all FastEthernet0/X interfaces on all switches, you could create a template like:

Submode: interface [#FastEthernet0/.*#]

Commandset:

+ no logging event link-status

For all switches that are not compliant, you will be able to deploy this command. See RME > Config Mgmt > Baseline Templates and the context-sensitive help in this section for more details.

Thanks,

I will check it

Great! Thanks very much, that's exactly what I was looking for. I believe this will handle what I was looking to do, possibly with a couple of modifications.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: