cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No ASR or TTS - how to play account balance?

cherilynn1030
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not very strong in java -

I have a script (IPIVR 4.0)that I need to read back an account balance, and the client has no ASR or TTS. We have recorded individual .wav files (0-99, hundred, thousand, dollar, cents, and)

How can I play back "one thousand two hundred thirty four dollars and 56 cents" from a string value equal to "000001234.56"

This has become a gigantic headache for me, since I can't figure it out on my own.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Not as hard as you might think.

Use the Create Generated Prompt step. For the Genreator type, select Currency. Set the Constructor type to (Amount, Colloquiel).

If you play with it a little bit, you'll find that this can do most of your heavy lifting for you. Check the on line documentation for details on all this.

Cliff

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

mikram
Level 4
Level 4

You can do it with Java beans, do you have premium license installed?

no... IP IVR v. 4.04

Hi,

I have doen this successfully by using CRs function create conditional prompt.

Make sure you are installed with the updated IVR patches on the IVR server.

Thanks

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Not as hard as you might think.

Use the Create Generated Prompt step. For the Genreator type, select Currency. Set the Constructor type to (Amount, Colloquiel).

If you play with it a little bit, you'll find that this can do most of your heavy lifting for you. Check the on line documentation for details on all this.

Cliff

Alternatively, you could do this.

Say your account balance was a string stored in a variable called: accountBalance.

On the play prompt step use $[accountBalance] as the prompt you wish to play.

The special $[] prompt container will not play if the $ is a part of the value.

i.e., use "13.45", and not "$13.45"

If the dollar sign is a part of your value, use this to strip it off:

$[accountBalance.replace("$", "")]

HTH

Anthony

Interesting....

That works in a regular play prompt step?

Cliff

Can you use this sort of prompt step to generate a spoken phrase of test. Like "Your savings account balance" The S[variablename] will read the text digits one at a time, but can you generate a phrase?

Thanks

This is exactly what I have done! I WAS making it harder on myself.

thanks~

I am using Cisco IP IVR 7.0(1)_Build168 . and TTS using Create generator pormpt.

I am not are not very sure whether we installed the Thai language while installing the IVR software initially.

But I noticed that we can chose the Thai language from the list available under System->language information and unable it(see the screenhsot).

Due to this I was able to use the Thai language as L[Th], in the create generated prompt. The IVR system is able to play the numbers in thai language to the caller.

But we have noted for currency numbers like 454.29,, it is playing like four one hundred and 54 instead of four hundred and fifty four.

Any sugegstions as to how this can be fixed.

1)Assuming the Thai language was not selected from the Cisco installation CD at the time of installation, is there any need or is it possible to put the CD now and install the thai language files.

2)Is 1) really required to be done, as we are able to install the thai Language using System->Language information.

3)Why is the create generated prompt installing the amount incorrectly in Thai language.

4)I also noticed thay we are not able to play the sequence of date playback as TTS using Create Generator prompt, i.e. the system currently plays the month then the day,, we are not able to change this sequence to play day first then the month.

Any idea how to resolve the issue in 3) & 4)

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: