cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDM will not run

Kevin Melton
Level 2
Level 2

I have recently downloaded the SDM v2.5 files to a PC. I launched the setup.exe files successfully, and now have the SDM launcher available on my desktop.

I have pointed it to my router via IP address. but when I select use HTTPs and then select "Launch", it goes thru a few contortions and ends up with a blank browser screen.

I can access the router via SDM thru https off of another workstation in the network, so I am a little confused why I cant connect via this workstation. I have checked the Windows Firewall and it is set to OFF.

I checked in Internet Explorer>Advanced settings, and made sure that all the options are set in the browser on the workstation that can connect to SDM are matched to the browser on the new station.

I would appreciate any help with this.

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Unable to launch the Security Device Manager (SDM) for the Cisco router and getting an HTML code.

This problem can happen when active contents are not allowed to run in files on 'My Computer'

In order to resolve this issue, enable Allow active content to run in files on My Computer.

This option is available on all Internet browsers under Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Security.

Disable the Popup Blockers & Proxy settings.

Unfortunantly this time that is not the answer. I have that selected in Tools> Internet Options.

thanks anyhow.