cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force MGCP to shutdown PRI interface if registration to CM is lost

agul.x.kaul
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to explicitly automatically shut down the PRI controller in MGCP if registration of the MGCP gateway is lost?

The reason I want to do this is because if the MGCP gateway is unregistered with Call manager, I dont want incoming calls from the LEC to even try to come in the PRI. Although ccm-manager shows the gateway unregistered, the ISDN PRI is still in "Multiple Frame Established" and any calls coming in from the PSTN still tries to connect on an unregistered gateway. So I need to know if we can automatically shutdown the PRI whenever an MGCP gateway unregisters?

I think there is a way to do this and I have done this in error before, but I cannot remember my commands. It was either a command in the s0/0/0:23 interface or in the controller if I remember correctly.

Need verification from someone on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ccm-manager shut-backhaul-interfaces

This is the command I use. If registration is lost the PRI is shut down. I use this on gateways attached to various campuses' PBXs.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Why dont you setup mgcp fallback and redirect incoming calls on the PRI to an operator or even to the corresponding directory numbers?

hth,

Met.

I can do that, but we have 2 routers with 2 PRI's each on it. One of which is an SRST router. All the fallback phones register to one of the routers. All 4 PRI's are set up as a hunt on the LEC side and any incoming calls hunt between those PRI's when one PRI channels are used up etc. What I was hoping to accomplish on the non-srst router where the phones dont register, is to admin shut down the PRI's so that no incoming calls can come into that router when the site cannot talk to CM. I know I can set up fall-back dial peers on the non-srst router to point all calls coming in to send it over to the SRST router, but the auto ADMIN shutdown would be a lot simpler and straightforward in this scenario. Completely eliminate the need to having any calls come into a PRI that is unregistered.

The best option would be to shutdown the controller interface. To do this you need to be in exec mode, and depending on which slot your E1/T1 is in, for example enter 'controller e1 x/y' to drop into the controller and then type 'shutdown'.

HTH

Allan.

I know how to shutdown the interface manually. My question is to have this shutdown automatically by MGCP. There is a configuration that will force MGCP to shutdown automatically when registration to CM is lost.

ccm-manager shut-backhaul-interfaces

This is the command I use. If registration is lost the PRI is shut down. I use this on gateways attached to various campuses' PBXs.

Yup, I was messing around with a gateway in my lab and I found that command too. You do have to have ccm-manager fallback disabled too!!

Thanks!

Yes, that is correct. I forgot that part.

Good info, great thread.

Thank you all!

Met.

Hi,

Is there a way to do the same scenario with h323?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: