CCDP and CCNP

Unanswered Question
Nov 6th, 2008

I passed my BSCI today. I also have passed the BCMSN exam. I have a little under a year left to take the ISCW and ONT so i was looking at possibly taking the ARCH 642-873 exam to get my CCDP to extend it to 3 years. Does anyone know where i can get some books for the 873 exam? Cisco press have been the best study materials for me but they only have the 871. any suggestions? One more question, if i do get my CCDP that will give me 3 years to pass the ISCW and ONT right? Of course i do not plan on taking that long but i may feel like i'm rushing if i try to get them within 1 year. Also if i do get both Professional level certs, in order to renew i can take ANY professional level exam to renew both certs right?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Sachin.bhamra Fri, 11/07/2008 - 09:02

Congratulations, we are in the same boat.. I too just came back from the test centre having passed my BSCI. Passed the BCMSN in August.

Do you not need the CCDA in order to take the ARCH exam?

cowetacoit Sat, 11/08/2008 - 14:45

Sachin....good question. I was under the impression that if you have the CCNA you could go right into the CCDP and ARCH. Can someone verify that you do not need the CCDA to get the CCDP as long as you have a CCNA? If so i'll probably just go ahead and take the ISCW and ONT.

cowetacoit Mon, 11/10/2008 - 05:52

o well, CCDA is useless to me. I'll continue with my CCNP. Thanks for the info though!

Actions

This Discussion