cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What do you monitor in a small environment?

emphillips00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking for some opinions about what and how I should be monitoring in a very small network. For example, if we have four routers and four switches with each running the firewall feature set and acting as a firewall, what should I be monitoring and how?

I have SNMP traps and audit trails enabled logging to a SYSLOG server, but those logs become incredibly large, and I have a hard time discerning any useful information out of them. Additionally, I have tried a few NetFlow analyzer tools, but have not been terribly happy with them.

I would love to know simple things like "the throughput has been above 90% of the interface bandwidth for over 30 minutes" or "open sessions has exceeded 10,000." And I am especially interested in figuring out exactly who and what is using up my bandwidth.

I am curious, what do you all do to monitor a small cisco network?

Thanks!

-Eric

1 Reply 1

ederzonato
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guy first I from Brasil and sorry to my bad english!

I suppose You have to use for small environment CNA ( Cisco Network Assistance) this software is free and very good. Is it and if you have more question fell free to contact me.

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: