On IP IVR 5.0(2) - Catching the case where an ICM agent becomes available

Unanswered Question
Nov 6th, 2008

Hi

I started already a conversation on Tuesday but it never appeared as far as I know.

We are working with ICM7.5 and IP IVR 5.0(2) and we would like to catch or handle the case where the call is queued and an agent becomes available.

In "Cisco Customer Response Solutions, Getting Started with Scripts,

Release 5.0(1)

Cisco CRS Scripting and Development Series: Volume 1"

on page 5-23 we found

"A Unified ICME agent becomes available.

The script is automatically interrupted without the possibility of catching or

handling this case."

If you debug the script and the agent becomes available, an exception window is displayed but without any additional info.

Is there any workaround to treat this case in the CRS script?

If the caller hangs up, it can be treated with exception ContactInactiveException!

Thanks

Matthias

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Clifford McGlamry Thu, 11/06/2008 - 13:16

When the agent becomes available, the call gets sent to them. What exactly is it that you want to do? You menion "catching the case", but I don't get what it is that you want to make happen.

matthiasgreiner Thu, 11/06/2008 - 13:43

Hi

I would like to update a database table. I.e. at the beginning of the call I write the session Id and at the end I want to update this entry.

Hope this helps.

Matthias

Clifford McGlamry Thu, 11/06/2008 - 14:14

There is a trick I used in IPCCX 4.x that you can try.

Use the On Exception step in the CRS script, and point it at a label where you have your database update. For the exception type, choose com.cisco.app.ApplicationException

Do your database work without any GOTO statements and then release your connection and allow the script to end.

See if that does the trick. It works under UCCX

matthiasgreiner Wed, 11/12/2008 - 07:41

Hi

Thanks for the trick.

I tested com.cisco.app.ApplicationException and it works if customer terminates the call but unfortunately not if the ICM agent becomes available.

Hope that anybody else has an idea!

Actions

This Discussion