cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS reports ANI server down

anthony_m
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using Cisco Campus manager 4.0.6. The main issue is that Device discovery fails and I get the error that "ANI Server is down"; when i restart the process, it goes into the state, "The administrator has shut down this server".

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please start a new thread for your Discovery issue.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears that the RmeGatekeeper daemon is not running properly. Please post the output of the pdshow command.

Please find the attached segment of the pdshow output.

This appears to have been truncated. There are at least two daemons for which I need to see status.

Please find the pdshow results.

Please post the EDS.log.

Please find the EDS.log.

Please post a screenshot of your Services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks and CWCS services.

I was not quite sure if all the attached screenshots are required.

None of these were what I wanted. I want screenshots of the Windows Service control panel (the one under Administrative Tools) showing the startup parameters of the CiscoWorks and CWCS services.

Please find the services screenshots.

This is fine. Please post the RmeGatekeeper.log. Additionally, shutdown Daemon Manager, and post the output of:

netstat -a -n -o -b

Please find the attached log and output.

FrameworkService (PID 1448) is occupying the required port tcp/9091. Shut this service down, then restart Daemon Manager, and you should be set.

I managed to do away with the errors and started device discovery. After running device discovery, I looked at the discovery report and it shows that the seed device is unreachable. Yet I can ping the seed device from the LMS server.

What could the issue be?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: