Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup DSL line

dannypostma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We decided to switch our internet connection from DSL to fiber with a DSL backup line.

I wonder if anyone could help me with the config for the PIX 515E Firewall.

The PIX has 3 ethernet interfaces, I would like to create a config that in case of a connection failure with fiber to fall back to the DSL line.

Could anyone give me some information or help with it?

Kind Regards,

Danny

3 Replies 3

SOL10
Level 1
Level 1

I dont know if this can be achieved with just one pix, as the pix wont know that it has to route traffic through the second interface, if the primary is down (experts correct if im wrong on this)

What i do know is if you were to have 2 pix's with identical hardware and software with failover licences this can be achieved.

HTH

Hi,

Thank you all for your replies.

Currently there is no ASDM or PDM installed on this PIX515E. I've tried to but it didn't work out well.

I will try again somewhere this week, because I rather work with ASDM or PDM. It's a bit easier then typing all those commands.

After that I will go on with the backup line config. If I have any further questions I will post it on the forum.

Kind Regards,

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card