cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

option 150 = tftp

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please let me know if once you put option 150 setting in the DHCP setup on a CCME, should that be your tftp server?

We have a main office where the CCME is and it has the option 150 setting but it has the public IP set.

option 150 ip 74.10.231.118

We have a remote site vpn tunnel that is establish. In the remote site the option 150 setting is set to :

option 150 ip 10.255.32.1

That is the internal.

MY QUESTION, shouldn't the option 150 ip match on both routers? The remote end's phone is stuck at configuring IP. And I need to find out if this rule is valid.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, option 150 is for TFTP. Make sure that the address is reachable from the remote site. Can you ping it? Seems odd that TFTP is set to a public address at the main site.

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, option 150 is for TFTP. Make sure that the address is reachable from the remote site. Can you ping it? Seems odd that TFTP is set to a public address at the main site.

Brandon

Brandon,

Thanks for clarifying. Not exactly sure why it is set for the public either. I did not do the install.

Again. Thanks for your assistance.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The TFTP option would normally be associated with the inside IP address of the LAN, and is the same source-address specified under the telephony-service.

If you have a remote site LAN which have IP Phones that are expected to register with the main-office CME gateway, then the TFTP option should be the same.

As Brandon said make sure you can ping public IP address, but more importantly make sure that the ACLs on the main office gateway allow the traffic through from the outside to the inside for TFTP to the remote LAN.

HTH

Allan

I think Brandon's answer was suffice. But I did confirm the settings first on the CME.

Here it is.

ip dhcp pool sdm-pool1

import all

network 192.168.100.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 192.168.100.1

option 150 ip 74.10.231.118

The Remote router had the internal Address. 10.255.32.1.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: