cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can I install Cisco Security manager on a server with LMS?

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Is possible to install Cisco Security Manager on server with LMS installed. Is it compatible? Is there some restrictions?

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this is not possible. LMS and CSM must be installed on separate servers. However, you can integrate the two via DCR master/slave and single-sign on if desired.

Hi, yup i concur with jclarke.

the easiest way to check, as long as the related port is not lapsed together, then you can installed it in one server.

example LMS and CSM lapsed portz\s on snmp, syslog and etc. even also your other network monitoring system cannot be installed together.

Thank you for your help.

HP OpenView uses SNMP port too and you can install LMS and OV on the one server.

yup, that is correct also. but i just dont want to complecate myself if the server went crazy. it is a bit hassle when want to reconfigure again the LMS. anyway, cheers.

It's not just the SNMP trap port. It has to do with other, inter-process communication ports, server resources, and testing. CSM and LMS both consume a large amount of resources, and a conscious decision was made by the CSM team not to test the two on the same server.

But afaik you need to have identical version for Common Services between CWLMS and CSM right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: