cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS OVERthe VRF and INSIDE the VRF

s.morillo
Spotlight
Spotlight

there is possible to apply QoS on a DS3 channel to give some especific percent to each VRF, an also give QoS inside the VRF to the diferent trafficc.

This is because I have one VRF to each building and need to apply QoS inside of each VRF.

If you have a link where can I find some documentation related it would be nice.

thansk

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

VRF mode, also known as VRF-Aware IPSec, allows you to map IPSec tunnels to VPN routing and forwarding instances (VRFs) using a single public-facing address.A VRF comprises an IP routing table, a derived Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) table, a set of interfaces that use the forwarding table, and a set of rules and routing protocol parameters that control the information that is included in the routing table. A separate set of routing and CEF tables is maintained for each VPN customer.VPN support-Provides a complete VPN solution based on Cisco IOS IPSec and other CISCO IOS software-based technologies, including L2TP tunneling and quality of service (QoS).

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Samael,

you can condition traffic on each VRF access link using a service policy to classify, mark and limit traffic on a VRF access link basis.

On a backbone mpls link like I think is your DS3, you can configure a service policy outbound that will provide different treatment to different traffic classes but without any direct link to VRF /VPN to which the mpls packet belongs.

Actually matching on a per VRF per class basis wouldn't be scalable.

In a DiffServ QoS model you have some but not many traffic classes.

To match on the mpls labels would make the configuration static and unable to adapt to a change in MPLS labels both for reaching remote PE loopback and for the VPNv4 prefix.

there is a match mpls experimental command to be used in QoS policy maps.

there is a match mpls-label but it can be used in redistribution to decide to redistribute routes that have an MPLS label (you cannot specify a value)

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/command/reference/mp_m1.html#wp1028293

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/command/reference/qos_m1.html#wp1013280

Hope to help

Giuseppe