Views
Helpful
Replies

Norstar door opener with CME?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi NetPro's

I have a client that uses Nortel door phone opener, on the back it has 4 wires not 2 as expected for an analog set, could that be a potential problem? Or the the other pair is used for something else?. I will have a CME/CUE 2851 ISR router and a VG224 as well for some analog sets. Can I configure this on CME? I'm not sure about the option to open the door (press 5 for example)how do you configure that? Also, how do I configure the DN? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

3 Replies 3

ihernandez81
Level 1
Level 1

I'm facing a similar request at a remote site. I am configuring the DN in CME as a regular line. I have an ATA-186 instead of your VG224. I believe in order to set up the option to open the door you'll need to get creative and make a new soft button. i'm not sure who to do this either. I don't think CME will see it as a door opener but instead just another extension to dial when you press the newly created soft button at the front desk? let me know if you find anything.

Thanks for the reply, I will keep reading, I know it has been done before, but not sure how. I will keep you posted. Thanks