cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What am I Licensed For?

DMobley1022
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way that in CM that I can see everything that I currently have a lics. for and how many lics i'm currently using?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if using linux appliance look at the license report, windows versions are honour based licenses and have no reports

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

And I can get the License report from withing CM?

yes, license report is an option in CCMadmin linux appliances

HTH

java

HTH

java

So I'm looking at the License Unit Report:

For server x.xxx.xxx.x "Phone License Feature"it says:

Units Authorized: 1300

Units Used: 1312

Units Remaining: -12

How do I find out everything that is using a license?

So right now I'm looking at the License Unit Calculator:

For example I have the following: CISCO TelePresence

Units Consumed Per Device = 6

Current Number of Devices = 0

Number of Units consumed = 0

So does this mean that I have a license for TelePresence, but I'm just not using any?

Same goes for Cisco Unified Personal Communicator:

Units Consumed Per Device = 3

Current Number of Devices = 0

Number of Units consumed = 0

devices use DLUs.

when you integrate the devices they use from the DLU pool (which is already above what you had bought, you need to either buy more DLUs or register PAKs) we allow that but only temporarily.

Telepresence is a whole other SW, which comes with it's license when you buy it. CUPC also is a separate SW and it also comes with a separate license, same goes for CIPC. there is no reporting of what you have other that the sales orders you have. even those DLUs should be in a sales order. CUCM limits to DLUs and node licenses.

everything you buy comes with a separate license, so if you want that. go thru your sales orders.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hey

ill try to explain using your example

for Cisco Unified Personal Communicator:

Units Consumed Per Device = 3 - amount of units that will be used if you have this device

Current Number of Devices = 0 - actual number of devices that you have of this type

Number of Units consumed = 0 - amount of units you are currently using up for these type of devices that reside on your network

therefore in your both examples you are NOT using any DULs.

also, you have -12 UNITS remaining, which means you have exceeded your uploaded licenses.

again to check how much are actually in use

1.for a general output - license report

2. for details on each type of device on your network (ie the Type and amount of phones you are using and the amount of units they consume - License Unit Calculator

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: