Unity can't transfer to Translation pattern now

Answered Question
Nov 7th, 2008

Hi I am using ccm 4.1.3 and Unity 4.2.1.

We use to be able to call 5100(call handler) and be able to transfer to a translation pattern(used for speed dial to cell phone) and extensions.

Now only the ext can be dialed. When I dial a translation pattern, the lady says, "I did not reconize that as a valid entry."

Any help is appreicated.

Randall

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Brandon Buffin about 8 years 1 month ago

Randall,

Sounds like at one time the DN for these translation patterns was associated with a Unity subscriber. By default, you can only dial DNs associated with subscribers. If you need to allow callers to dial extensions not associated with a subscriber, take a look at the following post.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc1ebec/3#selected_message

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Brandon Buffin Fri, 11/07/2008 - 10:11

Randall,

Sounds like at one time the DN for these translation patterns was associated with a Unity subscriber. By default, you can only dial DNs associated with subscribers. If you need to allow callers to dial extensions not associated with a subscriber, take a look at the following post.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cc1ebec/3#selected_message

Hope this helps.

Brandon

rcrumm_2 Fri, 11/07/2008 - 11:50

Brandon,

Thank you very much!

You do better searches. :)

Randall

Alejandro Corte... Fri, 07/09/2010 - 15:31

Hello Brandon,

as Im unable to open the link that you posted is there another way that you can share me the info?

It will be very appreciated,..

Actions

This Discussion