cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 3.0.1 topology view problems

judicialnoc
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently moved from a frame relay hub and spoke topology to an ethernet point to multipoint environment. Now all my routers are showing connected to a device called a "Serial 2M" still in a hub and spoke appearance. Also most of the connections are shown in red as though there is no communication. Does anyone know what "Serial 2M" is and why it is not showing my topology the way I would expect? I have attached the "device" in the form of a jpg.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This cloud represents your legacy frame network. Since the links are no longer used, Campus has marked them as "not-in-network". To get rid of these, simply select the links on the map, and delete them.

Thanks I'll give it a try. One other wierd thing is that in this attached jpg you will notice the line at the bottom. This is our new ethernet network. Notice that some routers are shown red dotted as you indicated to the old frame and a solid red line to the new network. I can get to the router of course but according to this diagram they are off line.

The thick black line represents an ethernet bus. This indicates there are multiple CDP neighbors connected to a single interface on a device. This could also point to a CDP inconsistency on a certain device. The fact the the connecting links are red (as well as the devices) points to those devices not being SNMP reachable.

At this point, given the scope of your topology change, you might find it easier to reinitialize your ANI database, and perform a new Campus Data Collection to get a cleaner topology map. The topology can be reinitialized using the command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/campus/bin/reinitdb.pl

Is that the UNIX command? I am running windows version and it just brings up a text file script.

That command will work on Windows, too, provided you change the slashes. Make sure you typed it correctly:

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\campus\bin\reinitdb.pl

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: