cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MDS 9513 clockcard DFM alert

nancyrawls
Level 1
Level 1

Under DFM - Alerts and Activities I'm getting a Utilization alert saying Clockcard is not present. When I go into the device it indeed says it is not present but I'm not given the option to uncheck it so that it won't be monitored. How do I get rid of this alert? See attached.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, it looks like those subclasses are now missing from the FRU list. You shouldn't see any more events for those components moving forward.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is currently not doable from within the UI. However, if you have DFM 2.0.10 or higher, you should have some bulk management scripts under NMSROOT/objects/smarts/utils.

Copy the *ManagedStateProcess.asl files to *ManagedStateCard.asl, then modify the scripts so that all instances of "Processor" and "Proc" are replaced with "Card". Then, copy the *StateProc.ksh or .bat files to *StateCard.ksh or .bat, and again change all occurrences of "Processor" and "Proc" to "Card". Then, you will be able to use the instructions found at http://SERVER/help/dfm_newui/bulk_manage.html to unmanage the card you want.

Actually, given that this is DFM 2.0, it would be better to do:

NMSROOT/objects/smarts/bin/dmctl -s DFM invoke Card::CARD-123.133.5.146/25751 unmanage true

Than, on Solaris:

NMSROOT/objects/smarts/utils/apply.ksh

Or Windows:

NMSROOT\objects\smarts\utils\apply.bat

Found dmctl.exe. What exactly is the command I need to run and what does it do?

Thanks.

NMSROOT\objects\smarts\bin\dmctl.exe -s DFM invoke Card::CARD-123.133.5.146/25751 unmanage true

Then:

NMSROOT\objects\smarts\utils\apply.bat

This will unmanage the card in question within DFM.

dmctl> -s DFM invoke Card::CARD-123.133.5.146/25751

Invalid command '-s' -- try again.

You have run dmctl interactivly. If you ran the command exactly how I wrote it, you should see the dmctl prompt. However, from this prompt, you can do:

invoke Card::CARD-123.133.5.146/25751 unmanage true

Then exit from dmctl, and run the apply.bat command.

dmctl> invoke Card::CARD-123.133.5.146/25751 unmanage true

Not attached.

It sounds like you just ran dmctl without any arguments. In that case, you would first need to run:

attach DFM

Our tried that with our admin account and it says Permission denied. Is there a default account I can use? It probably wasn't changed. Thanks.

Exit the dmctl prompt, then run the following command:

NMSROOT\objects\smarts\bin\dmctl -s DFM

What output do you get?

That path is not the path I have therfore it didn't work. I did try running the same command from where my files are located and get the same thing - it's asking for a user id and password:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\bin>dmctl -s DFM

Server DFM User: cisco

cisco's Password: XXXXX

dmctl: Could not attach to 'DFM': Login to Domain Manager failed; permission de

ied

This is typically admin/admin. However, you can find the value in C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\objects\smarts\conf\clientConnect.conf. This command must succeed for you to accomplish what you want.

Finally! I think that did it. Now I will run the .bat file. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Looks like it went from NotPresent to Not Available however I just received an alert. See attached for screen shots.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: