cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to add "dead time" after a call handler greeting?

olighec
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have just started implementing call handlers in my Unity Connection system. I started with a basic auto attendant and now I am working on a menu-based system to route calls to the correct group of users.

One thing I haven't been able to figure out though, is if there is any way to add a few seconds of "dead time" to the end of the call handler so users have time to make a decision before they get kicked out of the greeting? Some of our greetings are pretty short, and I've noticed that some users don't press the buttons fast enough to get done before the call handler goes onto the next thing.

Is there a way to add additional time before the call handler goes to the next step, or would the only way to accomplish this be to record dead airspace at the end of the greeting?

I noticed the Delay between Re-Prompts field, but that only seems to become valid when re-prompts is set to more than zero, and I don't want it to prompt more than once.

Version is UC 2.1 if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no way to programatically tack on time if you don't repeat the greeting at least once - This is true in Unity or Connection. If you're expecting a response it's normally good style to include at least one retry. If you don't want to do that, the only way to go about it is to tack on a few seconds of silence to the greeting when you record it.

Thanks for the info. I guess we'll actually go ahead and play the greeting twice before it goes on with the "no action" action.

Chris