Changing Not Ready States in IPCC

Unanswered Question
Nov 7th, 2008

I would like our contact center agents to have the ability to change Not Ready states without having to hit "Ready" which may possibly route them a call.

Any suggestions?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
riley9576 Fri, 11/07/2008 - 16:33

Example - An agent is engaged in a training session that ends at the same time that they begin a lunch/break.

I would like the agent to go directly from one not ready state to another, without the need to have them hit "ready" which could possibly route them a call if a queue is present.

Chris Deren Fri, 11/07/2008 - 16:35

Got it.

Sorry, not possible without going to ready step first :-(

david.macias Fri, 11/07/2008 - 19:35

You could theoretically do customize the desktop to do this, however the custom code would involve going to ready for a split second then going back to not ready. Pretty much doing the same thing the above poster mentioned.

Anthony Holloway Sat, 11/08/2008 - 09:53

I've tried this, and that "spit second" is long enough to route a queued caller to the agent.

If you try adding more than one agent state action to a macro button, it will not let you.

Also, just in case someone else suggests it, you cannot go off hook on your agent line while not ready, then make yourself ready. It tells you an active call is in progress.

If this worked, then you could just lift the handset and switch your agent state. The ACD functionality would be bypassed because your line would not be idle.

The short answer is, you cannot change your Not Ready reason code, while staying in Not Ready.

riley9576 Sat, 11/08/2008 - 16:52

It seems like all of our proposed solutions or suggestions, which I very much appreciate, center around the Agent Desktop application. What if we took a different approach to changing Not Ready states and actually used the phone itself (dedicated Not Ready button) instead of the application?

david.macias Sun, 11/09/2008 - 08:33

Ultimately, it's the CTI server which keeps track of your agent states. Regardless of it being a desktop or a phone.

This Discussion