cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Not Ready States in IPCC

riley9576
Level 1
Level 1

I would like our contact center agents to have the ability to change Not Ready states without having to hit "Ready" which may possibly route them a call.

Any suggestions?

BT

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

BT,

How else would you imagine this working?

Chris

Example - An agent is engaged in a training session that ends at the same time that they begin a lunch/break.

I would like the agent to go directly from one not ready state to another, without the need to have them hit "ready" which could possibly route them a call if a queue is present.

BT

Got it.

Sorry, not possible without going to ready step first :-(

HTH,

Chris

You could theoretically do customize the desktop to do this, however the custom code would involve going to ready for a split second then going back to not ready. Pretty much doing the same thing the above poster mentioned.

david

I've tried this, and that "spit second" is long enough to route a queued caller to the agent.

If you try adding more than one agent state action to a macro button, it will not let you.

Also, just in case someone else suggests it, you cannot go off hook on your agent line while not ready, then make yourself ready. It tells you an active call is in progress.

If this worked, then you could just lift the handset and switch your agent state. The ACD functionality would be bypassed because your line would not be idle.

The short answer is, you cannot change your Not Ready reason code, while staying in Not Ready.

It seems like all of our proposed solutions or suggestions, which I very much appreciate, center around the Agent Desktop application. What if we took a different approach to changing Not Ready states and actually used the phone itself (dedicated Not Ready button) instead of the application?

Thoughts?

BT

And how do you propose the Agent could then choose a new Reason Code?

Ultimately, it's the CTI server which keeps track of your agent states. Regardless of it being a desktop or a phone.

david

I was looking into this also. This would be a nice feature to have. We have the need to change reason codes without them having to take a call if callers are in the queue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: