cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference in code

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knew the difference in the IOS for a 6500 for a 12.2.33-SX(F) and a 12.2.33-SX(H)? The only difference is the last letter, and Im wondering if I can go from one to the other on the 6500 without worry. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is probably not much difference if you are talking staying within the same feature set like "enterprise" otherwise you would have to use the feature navigator to see what is supported on each one.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello John,

we performed a massive upgrade from 12.2(18)SXF8 to 12.2(33)SXHa2 last may with no real issue.

However, they can have different coverage of service modules like FWSM,CSM, ACE and others.

In my case I can say that WiSM controller are supported because they are in two of the C6500 we have upgraded.

We have other nodes that have FWSM and flexwan but on them 12.2(33)SXH was tried but one of the two was not supported so they went back to 12.2SXF.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks to both of you guys. I appreciate the input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card