cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.0.1 - Voice mail configuration

nissarbm_ece
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM-6.0.1 and is installed on IBM server.

How do I configure the voice mail?

I registered 2 devices to CUCM. If the other user is busy, then the call is not going to the voice mail? Does it requires a specif configuration at CUCM?

16 Replies 16

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

first of all what VM are you using??

and yes, you do need configuration for ANY VM system you're using on both sides. you need to create the subscribers and you need to integrate the systems

since there is not enough info all i can give you is the link where you can find all documentation for products:

Select Your Product

http://www.cisco.com/web/psa/products/index.html

Voice and Unified Communications first, then Call Control for CUCM and Voice Mail and Unified Messaging for any Cisco VM you're using.

info for integration and configuration can be found there

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

I will make it clear to you.

I installed CUCM-6.0.1.

My query is that:

1. How do I use the CUCM voice mail? That is, when the callee is busy, the call shall be redirected to its voice mail?

2. Is it requires additional components (software or hardware) apart from CUCM?

3. What all procedures needs to be done to configure the voice mail?

sounds to me you're nuub on this.

if you don't have a CUCMBE it does require a separate server and SW so let me know if you have this.

how do you use it?? you configure the VM integration, assign a VM profile to DN, check CF to VM. then call

procedures depend completely on VM system, that's why i asked you what you have, if still no response please refer to the link as the procedure for whatever you have is there

HTH

java

HTH

java

I recently started using CUCM. So, I don't have much idea regarding CUCM VM.

I don't have CUCMBE? So what can I do to use the voice mail facility?

CUC, Unity or CUE from Cisco.

any 3rd party VM you like and know how to integrate

HTH

java

HTH

java

I don't have any idea about third party VM.

Hi Jav,

Is it possible to integrate Asterisk Voice Mail server to the CUCM?

If possible, how to configure it?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nissar,

Just to add a touch to the good info from Java (+5 points my friend)

There are other VM products that will work with Communications Manager but being that this is a Cisco Forum (Plus these are excellent products) I will give you the Cisco Products. These are all Hardware and Software add-ons to your existing build of Communications Manager. None of these solutions are built-in to your current setup :)

Cisco Unity-delivers unified messaging and intelligent voicemail capabilities to enterprise and mid-market customers with Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Domino environments

Cisco Unity Connection-combines integrated messaging, speech recognition, and call routing rules into an easy-to-manage system for midmarket customers with up to 10,000 users

Cisco Unity Express-provides cost-effective integrated voice messaging and automated attendant capabilities for small and medium-sized branch office environments with up to 250 users

CUE Overview;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/index.html

Cisco Unity Connection

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps6509/data_sheet_c78-484749.html

Cisco Unity

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_data_sheets_list.html

Cisco Messaging Products: Feature Comparison

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps5745/ps2237/product_data_sheet0900aecd806bfc37.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

The information is really helpful to me.

In sort, with the current setup - that is, with only Cisco Call Manager Installed - I cannot use the voice mail facility. Is that so?

yes. CUCM is a call agent, not a VM system

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Nissar,

That is correct my friend :) You would need to purchase another component like the 3 I listed previously to provide Voicemail services for your system. The only Communications Manager that comes packaged with Voicemail (Unity Connection) is the Business Edition that Java noted in the first post.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Java and Rob.

The conversation was really helpful to me and understood the issue.

With that I concluding on the issue.

One more thing, how can I close this conversion? Does I need to do any thing from my part?

Hi Nissar,

You are most welcome :) You do not need to do anything special to close this excellent conversation. I'm sure that we will talk again.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Is it possible to integrate Asterisk Voice Mail server to CUCM?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: