Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP urgent help needed

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys i am going nuts please help me out ......i have four routers A,b,c,d

router A B and C serials are in same AS XX....router D and C ethernet are in different AS AA.....all routers have loopback interfaces.....redistribution of eigrp is done on c router (between 2 AS).....now i can see a route to loopback of router d on router A and same on router D (i can see th eloopback route) with EX D......but when i ping the serial interface of router C from A.....i cant ping it ....its in same subnet though......the strange thing is when i ping the loopback of router D with the source ip of loopback A....i can ping it easily.....i m going nuts what is wrong....am i missing something.....please guys help me out as i have spend 4 hours top troubleshoot that.....thanks a million in advance...

7 Replies 7

joshua.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

What networks are using....have you turn off auto-summary?

I am puzzled by this statement in the original post: "but when i ping the serial interface of router C from A.....i cant ping it ....its in same subnet though" Are you saying that the serial from A is really in the same subnet as the serial on C? It is not valid for the same subnet to exist in 2 different (isolated) places in the network.

This is not a problem with EIGRP but is a basic function of processing IP. If C is attempting to send a response and the destination address is in a subnet that appears to be local then C will attempt to send the response on the local subnet and it will never get to A. To get it to work you need the subnet of A to be different from the subnet of C.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post

1) Configs of routers

2) "sh ip route" from each router

3) "sh ip eigrp neigh" from each router

Jon

guys thanks for reply......now i will explain in more detail...

router A B C D

router A

router EIGRP XX

network 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 (loopback0)

network 192.168.2.1 0.0.0.0 (serial 0/0)

router B

router EIGRP XX

network 192.168.6.1 0.0.0.0 (loopback0)

network 192.168.2.2 0.0.0.0 (serial 0/0)

Router C

router eigrp XX 192.168.2.3 0.0.0.0 (serial 0)

router EiGRP BB

network 192.168.7.1 0.0.0.0 (loopback in eigrp BB not XX)

network 192.168.9.1 0.0.0.0 (ethernet ip)

router D

router EIGRP BB

network 192.168.10.1 0.0.0.0 (loopback 0)

network 192.168.9.2 0.0.0.0 (ethernet)

now to explain more: router A B C are connected via hub and spoke FR....where B is hub.

redistribution done on C

router EIGRP XX

redistribute eigrp BB metric 1500 2000 255 1 1500

router EIGRP BB

redistribute eigrp XX metric 1500 2000 255 1 1500

all loopbacks are /32

now when i do sh ip route command on router A

i can see the route towards loopback of router D with EX D which means that its from other AS....now problem

on router A i cant even ping router C interface serial one (whioh is in same subnet) i can ping the hub interface (router B)

now on router D i can see the route towards loopback of router A but i cant ping it from that side as well.....the funny thing is when i am on router A and i ping with extended command using loopback of router A (ping router D loopback) i can ping it....its v strange.....can someone explain as well......i have already put no split horzon on hub's interface.....i guess i have explained it this time....can someone please reply to it....thanks

one more thing when i do sh ip eigrp nei on router A i can only see router B not C.......

Explaining the topology helps. Given this additional information I would guess that the problem is that A has a mapping for B but does not have a mapping for C, and/or C has a mapping for B but not for A.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hey rick can you please explain in detail....what i have to do to rectify the problem

If you show the frame relay map on A I believe that it will have a mapping of the address of B but will not have a mapping for the address of C. To make it work you would need to configure a frame relay map for the address of C and the PVC used to get to that address. And on C you would need to configure a frame relay map for the address of A and the PVC used to get to it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card