cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTIOS Supervisor Barge-In and Intercept

rajan-sbc
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CTIOS 7.2.3 and ICM 7.2.3.

The system manager's guide and supervisor guide says barge-in and intercept should work. Is there any pre-requisites on the CCM 6.X for this to work? Does not barge-in initiate a basic conference between agent, caller and supervisor? If this requires any configuration on the CCM 6.x where is that documented? Thank you.

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

That's essentially correct.

From the Supervisor Desktop you select the row that represents the agent talking to the customer. The Barge-In and Intercept buttons become sensitive. Press Barge-In and you are in conference. Press Intercept and the call is removed from the agent and you alone are with the customer.

This works from CTIOS and CAD. I don't recall having to do anything special in CUCM 6.1 to make this work as advertised.

What happens in your setup?

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff - thank you so much for the quick response. I was told that some Call Manager system library parameters had to be changed to turn on the BIB - built in bridge and barge-in to get this working. I do not know much about barge and cbarge. I know they talk about this with respect to shared lines.

If you have insight, please let me know.

The BIB is required for silent monitoring using CUCM as described in the CTIOS manual - there are a number of steps required in CUCM to make this work, and you need 2nd generation phones like the 7941, 7961 etc. But for barge-in and intercept you don't need this, as far as I know. Could be wrong, but I don't think so.

At the call center I am working on at the moment I have barge-in, intercept and CUCM silent monitoring all working, so there may be some interaction I haven't thought of. But they really are different animals.

Regards,

Geoff

For barge in and intercept there is no additional UCM configuration.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: