Helpful
Replies

No IOS Image on Cisco 1100 Series AP

playstation3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi fella,

I have a problem with this Cisco 1100 AP, LED Light said: Red-Green-Red

here a link @ http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1100/installation/guide/110h_c6.html

I tried to obtaining IP Address from AP, no response IP Address from Windows Vista, tried 10.0.0.1 in from website address. Cannot Response.

How do I solution? I'm newbie.

12 Replies 12

andrewlow
Level 1
Level 1

Try reverting the AP to IOS, using the c1100-k9w7-tar.default file name method as mentioned in the link.

How do I put???? I don't know how to put this in AP??? Help me...

Read the section ;

"Using the MODE Button to Return the Access Point to Autonomous Mode " in the link in your original post.

To summarise;

Step one: Change your workstation address to 10.0.0.29/24

Step two: Rename IOS image (tar file) to c1100-k9w7-tar.default

Step three: setup tftp server

Step four: Connect AP and workstation to switch or interconnect with a crossover cable.

Step five: Turn on AP while holding down mode button for +- 20 seconds (Radio led turns red) then release mode button

Step 6: Wait until the access point reboots, as indicated by all led's turning green followed by the Status led blinking green

Won't work for me using AP to PC. Can you fix my AP for me?

Where does the recovery fail?

Try a crossover cable if you cannot connect to the AP with your PC. It's an 1100, right? 1100s do not support auto-MDIX.

Do you mean CAT5 cable? Yes. I tried it but it didn't work. I tried Ping 10.0.0.1 then no response from AP. I need my ap back to Cisco System for fix it.

i got Crossover cable. what i do?

I think it is IOS Software Someone put wrong IOS Image in it

Please show me how to on video.

playstation3
Level 1
Level 1

I'd RECOMMENDED IOS Software NEED to add for putting wrong IOS Software then it will tell you for IOS failure, reboot for get old IOS Software back without getting problem.

playstation3
Level 1
Level 1

And I tried everything. I dont have any tool (Cisco controller, many thing). I like Cisco System because it best network technology.

BUT it LOT money than all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: