Level 1
Level 1

I tried to let CME phnoe to hear M/C MOH from HQ phone but i heared silence

WHY?

I configured M/C audio source with enable M/C

MOH server support M/C

MRG support M/C

Put audio file & MRG to HQ phone.

enable " ip multicast-routing" & "ip pim dense-mode" along the path.

Anything I should make else??

6 Replies 6

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

With CME it is not necessary to stream or Multicast the audio-source across the WAN. You should provision MMoH from the flash on gateway, this will preserve you bandwidth, especially when you are using FR. It does not require ip multicast-routing to be configured.

There is a music-on-hold.au file located in the appropriate CME archive file which you would have extracted onto the gateway. Check your flash for this file, if not open the archive and tftp it onto the flash.

Under the telephony-service you will only need to add the following commands:-

Telephony-service

moh music-on-hold.au

multicast moh

port route x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

The multicast command simply identifies the base address and port for the MMoH, and the route stipluates which ipaddress/interface MoH will be forwarded through. This should be the fastethernet i/f or sub-if for your voice-vlan.

HTH

Allan.

Thx for reply,

I think you talk about SRST case with typical conf. like CCM.But in CME I think the case is different.

I think CME is an independant system not like SRST.

Also I tried your suggestion but with no luck.

Correct me if I wrong.

Hi Ahmed, can you please clarify your how you have deployed the IP Phones at the remote office.

As you have quite rightly stated CME is an independant system, therefore there should be no dependencies on CUCM.

However, you mentioned that you have configured MRG and enabled Multicast on the audio-source. This will only work if the IP Phones at the remote office are registered to CUCM and have the appropriate MRGL defined and the Media-stream service is activated and running.

With CME the IP Phones at the remote office should be registered to the CME gateway and not CUCM.

Please can you post the configuration of your gateway.

Thanks

Allan

If HQ phone put CME phone on hold & HQ configured as multicat ,i think CME user should hear HQ moh file not CME moh flash file,right??

Anyhow,here is my conf. as attachment:

Hy Ahmed,

what is your CuCM config.

Our MRG is the First MOH server included.

MOH Server Configuration (CuCM)

This runs on the following

IP:239.1.1.1

Base Multicast Port Number: 16384

and runs the Files SampleAudioSource.wav with 2 max Hops

So our Branch config is like this

moh SampleAudioSource.ALAW.wav

multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route Fastethernet Loopback

Because our H323 Interface is bounded on the Loopback

can u add the folliwng command

in global config mode

ccm-manager music-on-hold

also make sure that the multicast address same to ur cucm of moh server

by the way if u have a switch in ur LAN and the switch do the intervaln routing make sure that switch support multicasting

good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: