Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works Sever Running out of Space

alejandro.cano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I was looking around and found a file which name is DiscoveryStatusObj that is 250GB, my drive is 270GB. Can you help? Is this file always this big?

Regards

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This file stores all of the information from the recent CS Discovery run. Due to the data that is serialized, this file can potentially grow very large. You can safely delete this file when it gets too big provided the CSDiscovery process is not running.

I will try that. my cisco works is not working properly and i think its due to the little space left.

thanks

If your file system completely runs out of space, this can lead to database corruption. In that case, your best recourse is to restore from a known good backup. If a backup is not available, it may be necessary to reinitialize all of the LMS databases.

Can you tell me how to restore from a backup?

First, shutdown CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, then run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl -d DIRECTORY [-gen GEN]

Where DIRECTORY is the path to where your backups are stored, and GEN is an optional generation number.

Anyway doing this from the GUI? ot not recommended?

A restore cannot happen through the GUI. Only the backup can be taken through the GUI. The reason for this is that a restore requires Daemon Manager to be shut down.

Thank you very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco