Views
Helpful
Replies

7970G phone hangs when adding 2nd line

chungsanglai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I add 2nd lines at the call manager and press reset phone at call manager, phone got hangs, and no response at all. And I have to unplug and replug in the lan cable to take effect, and the phone works normal then.

Call Manager: 4.2(3)sr2b

Phone: 7970G with "SCCP70.8-3-3SR2S"

Please kindly advice what else I have to look at to solve this issue. Thank so much!

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Can you give us more details, for the hang?

Did the phone reset or not?

What you see in the screen?

Only adding 2 lines?

With one line all works fine?

Please give us more details

1. No the phone actaully cannot be reset when adding 2nd lines, and it was only displayed "reset" and keep hanging (or no response) after I click 'reset' at the call manager.

2. The screen only see "reset" / "resetting", and hang it right there. (that needs to unplug and replug in the lan cable to take effect of the change )

3. Yes, issue shows up when 2nd lines added

4. Yes, one line works fine

Thanks and let me know if you need more detail.

1. No the phone actaully cannot be reset when adding 2nd lines, and it was only displayed "reset" and keep hanging (or no response) after I click 'reset' at the call manager.

2. The screen only see "reset" / "resetting", and hang it right there. (that needs to unplug and replug in the lan cable to take effect of the change )

3. Yes, issue shows up when 2nd lines added

4. Yes, one line works fine

Thanks and let me know if you need more detail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: