Views
Helpful
Replies

IN HUM,Can i get the device availability in minutes

mkareemashraf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello sir,

We are using Ciscoworks lms 3.1 in our network .

We have nearly 30 remote sites connected to our network. Weekly have to make the downtime report of our sites.

Ciscoworks HUM device availability report is giving the down time in CSEC.

We want to calculate the down time of all sites router per weekly or daily basics in minutes.

I have created a poller for device availability for all my remote sites .In the report I have to check one by one router for down time.

It is very difficult to calculate the down time in minutes through this report.

Is their any other way through which I can get the device availability graph in minutes?

Your help is highly appreciated,

Regards

Ashraf

5 Replies 5

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

You can use cisco IP SLA features

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/ip_sla/configuration/guide/hsla_c.html

and than with Cisco Works IPM (Internetwork performance monitor) module create graphs, reports of availability, latency, jitter etc.. for selected period..works really great

M.

Thanks for your support.

IN IPM ,all my remote sites routers are added with collector ECHO.

YOu are right their is option for hourly ,weekly and monthly but all the generated reports shows the availabilty in percentage.it is very difficult to find

the lost of availabilty in minutes.

Their any alternate soltion for this issue.

thanks

ashraf

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You currently can't get this as a graph for all devices, but you can schedule a custom or poller report to see the availability information for for all devices in a tabular format. This is done under HUM > Reports > Report Management. If all the devices are in the same poller, it's easiest just to create a poller report.

Additionally, the HUM portal view offers a device availability pie graph which indicates which percentage of devices are reachable and which are not. Clicking on this graph will launch the availability quick report which shows you (by default) the hourly availability over the passed 24 hours.

sir,

we want to have all sites interface utilization as per their bandwidth.

can we assign bandwidth and get the interface utilization of remote sites.

thanks,

You can create a utilization poller for all interfaces for all your devices (allowed by your license and server hardware) under HUM > Poller > Poller Management. If you want to trigger an alert or script when utilization crosses a specific bandwidth threshold, define that threshold under HUM > Threshold > Threshold Setup.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: