cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

¿"ip dhcp excluded-addresses" on a VRF basis?

rogelioalvez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody:

I want to associate a DHCP pool to a certain VRF (vrf subcommand), but at the same time to exclude some of its addresses from being leased.

As far as I saw, the "ip dhcp excluded-addresses ..." command only works globally. ¿How can I exclude DHCP addresses on a VRF basis?

I have a workaround in mind but I would appreciate opinions/hints on this matter.

Thank you very much in advance.

Rogelio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Currently, the ip dhcp excluded-address global configuration command cannot be used to exclude addresses from VRF associated pools. The vrf DHCP pool configuration command is currently not supported for host pools. Attribute inheritance is not supported on VRF pools.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Currently, the ip dhcp excluded-address global configuration command cannot be used to exclude addresses from VRF associated pools. The vrf DHCP pool configuration command is currently not supported for host pools. Attribute inheritance is not supported on VRF pools.

Well, that was the workaround I had in mind :o)

The idea was to fake the excluded-address command by building as many "host based" DHCP pools and associate these ones to their corresponding VRFs.

So it won't work either :o(

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Regards, Rogelio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: