cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Headset problem with Model 7970

ldenis001
Level 1
Level 1

My voice is muffled to others when I use the headset. Any solution to this problem? Using a new Plantronics headset. Is there a Cisco Headset for this model?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Linda,

What model of Plantronics Headset are you using? We use many corded models like the H-91, H-101, H-171's. The one part you will need which is required for all "corded" Plantronics Headsets (to go from Headset Jack on 7970 to "Quick Disconnect" on Headset) is a special Cord (shown below);

Part#Amp-26716-01

If these are Cordless Headsets like the CS-55 or CS-70 Series make sure you set the Compatibility wheel on the Base Station to #4

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Idenis001 or anyone else with the same issue. The silly question, is the mic to close to your mouth. I know that's dumb but it had to be asked. Next, I would ask if your headset has ever provided a clear sound or does it become muffled off and on. Is your headset model compatible with your phone model? To see an updated list of compatible headsets for the Cisco phones try this link.

Recommendations:

1. Check your compatibility.

2. If it's cutting in and out, check your warranty and trouble shoot with Plantronics or get replacement.