cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 call forwarding UI w/o call manager hindered by firmware?

sbmotohead
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of moving from a MGCP hosted VOIP provider to another provider and SIP. What I'm irritated about is the Call Transfer methodology on the Cisco 79xx phones. What I have is a process that requires an end-user (while in a call) to press MORE, BlndXfr, phone number, and DIAL. It's also similar for Supervised Transfer. Of course I prefer, what I consider normal, is a user to press TRANFER, number and hang up or wait for a supervised transfer then hang up.

What I've been told is that since the provider isn't using the Cisco Call Manager the firmware on the phone isn't playing well and the there's no ability to change it. Seems that Polycom isn't affected as there's ability to have it "my way".

Is this true? While in a call with a non-Call Manager Cisco 79xx one has to hit the MORE softkey to get to the transfer options?

1 Reply 1

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

What is the CallManager version you are using? What is the phone load using?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: