Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to associate 1130AP with WLC

markcarat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a 1130AP and try to associate the AP witha WLC at a remote site. The AP grab an IP address and resolved the Cisco-LWAPP-CONTROLLER to the IP address of the WLC. I could ping the WLC from the AP cli and vice versa. However the AP is not getting a respond bak from the controller. Appreciate if any could shed some light. Here is the log from the AP.

Mar 1 00:00:08.059: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthern

et0, changed state to up

AP0013.c3de.9fec>

*Mar 1 00:00:26.088: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DISCOVERY

Translating "CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER.americas.media.global.loc"...domain server (

10.109.32.128) [OK]

*Mar 1 00:00:34.227: %DHCP-6-ADDRESS_ASSIGN: Interface FastEthernet0 assigned D

HCP address 10.108.151.10, mask 255.255.255.0, hostname AP0013.c3de.9fec

*Mar 1 00:00:47.588: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to JOIN

*Mar 1 00:00:52.588: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not rec

ieve the Join response

*Mar 1 00:00:57.592: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: spamHandleJoinTimer: Did not rec

ieve the Join response

*Mar 1 00:00:57.592: LWAPP_CLIENT_ERROR_DEBUG: No more AP manager IP addresses

remain.

*Mar 1 00:00:57.592: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Re

ason: DID NOT GET JOIN RESPONSE.

*Mar 1 00:00:57.592: %LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DOWN

Thanks.

Mark

4 Replies 4

It may be worth checking the controllers time, as this is what the controller uses to validate the APs self signed certificate.

In addition I would try running a 'debug lwapp event enable' to see whether the controller is seeing the request coming in from the AP and why its rejecting the join request.

Post the response fromthe debug command and we can diagnose these this issue further.

Could you also add what controller version your running, the model exact model of AP including regional code.

Good luck

Thanks petenugent. It works. I checked off "Accpet Self Signed Certificate" and imported the SSC to the WLC.

By the way, thank you everyone who respond to my post. It was very helpful.

Mark

Please do mark the response that resolved your issue as the resolution, as this may help others to easier search to resolutions to their problems.

One thing I like to add to this thread, is a cause I ran into a while back, causing the exact same symptons. In that particular case someone decided to use the same IP address as the ap-manager interface. As a result the APs kept discovering the controller in question (as the discovery reply is send out the management interface), but the join request never reached the controller because of the IP conflict. Because of the large event messages on the controller, the duplicate IP address was allready gone from the log.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card