Views
Helpful
Replies

trace analysis

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

Cluster is running 4.3(2)

When I go into serviceability and do a trace anaylsis, I see all the XML files, however if I click to open any of then it then opens a new window and asks for a login. No matter what I enter (CCM login or Win2k login) I can't seem to login. I can find anything in the documentation that suggests it should present a login, the docs ony refer to viewing the file. Any ideas? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

Well the trace shouldn't be enabled in xml in the first place, then the files are located on ProgramFiles/Cisco/Trace/CCM in other words, you need to log physically to the server and go to that folder or make a remote desktop or VNC to be on the server, but do not use the webpage

i believe he's trying to use the built-in analyzer for traces. so, it does need XML. in real life we really don't use that tool.

we enable traces in txt and just use notepad to read them since most analyzers digest a lot the trace and usually don't show the error.

if you don't have the experience reading traces i would suggest you use triple combo or VLT instead.

but, you're right. that interface should not ask you for any pwd when opening a trace

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: