cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blackberry Bold VPN to PIX

support
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any idea how to set this up? It asks for me group name and password which I have but it also requests another set of credentials which I'm not sure what is at all.

sysopt connection permit-ipsec

crypto ipsec transform-set chevelle esp-des esp-md5-hmac

crypto ipsec transform-set trmset1 esp-aes-256 esp-sha-hmac

crypto ipsec transform-set myset esp-des esp-md5-hmac

crypto dynamic-map cisco 1 set transform-set myset

crypto map transam 1 ipsec-isakmp

crypto map dyn-map 20 ipsec-isakmp dynamic cisco

crypto map dyn-map interface outside

isakmp enable outside

isakmp key ******** address 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0

isakmp identity address

isakmp nat-traversal 20

isakmp policy 1 authentication pre-share

isakmp policy 1 encryption des

isakmp policy 1 hash md5

isakmp policy 1 group 1

isakmp policy 1 lifetime 1000

isakmp policy 10 authentication pre-share

isakmp policy 10 encryption aes-256

isakmp policy 10 hash sha

isakmp policy 10 group 2

isakmp policy 10 lifetime 86400

vpngroup rockvpn address-pool vpnpool1

vpngroup rockvpn dns-server 10.16.10.25

vpngroup rockvpn default-domain mydomain.com

vpngroup rockvpn split-tunnel 102

vpngroup rockvpn idle-time 1800

vpngroup rockvpn password ********

12 Replies 12

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

It's asking you for phase 1 authentication, then username and password. From your config - you have not configured local or external authentication.

I suggest you do this - a good source of config examples below:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

HTH>

Can you be a little more specific? There are about 50 articles in that link.

What I dont understand is that i only use the group authentication when connecting my notebook with cisco vpn client, i think you referred to it as phase 1 authentication. Shouldnt that me enough?

Ideally for strong authentication you should use group ID & password and username and password.

If you are only using group id, then you should check the config settings on the VPN client on the Blackberry - the issue is not on the VPN concentrator.

The blackberry doesnt give you the option to turn one or the other off. See the attachment.

Disable "extended authentication" and re-test.

Requests credentials and gives error in background. see attachment.

Then not only do you have to configure a group ID and password you will also have to configure a username and password for the VPN profile for the Blackberry VPN to work.

HTH>

Can you post a link directly to the article with exactly how to do that?

Sorry fopr the late reply, been busy....configure:-

crypto map dyn-map client authentication LOCAL

username <> password <> privilege 1

And use the username and password for the extended auth requirements on the Blackberry.

HTH>

Still not working. Added the commands to the pix and then set those credentials in the blackberry and gives "Error - missing credentials" but the credentials are there.

Should i enable some sort of debug on the pix? Which would it be?

Then I would say again, the issue is not with the pix but the software on the blackberry, I suggest you read the blackberry documentation.

I finally managed to get the Blackberry to communicate with the PIX. After enabling some debugs I was able to gather some information but cannot decipher. Please see the attach text for debugs and see if you can help me out. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: