cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

route-map and ip prefix-list

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys just a quick one....if we have prefix-list for example 2 of them..

ip prefix-list route seq 5

ip prefix-list route2 seq 5

will both work as both have same seq no or it doesnt matter as both prefix-list are different (names)???? or what if i dont put the prefix-list seq will it take automatically.....secondly same thing with route-map

if i have to rouute-map

route-map abc permit 10

route-map 123 permit 10

will both work....as bothhave same permit 10 statement or router will treat them sepratly just like above example....thanks

4 Replies 4

hasmurizal
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

for this case it is different for both. i believe that for prefix-list, each "names" will follow there own sequence number, as long as the name is uniquely defined.

but in the route-map, if any network/host match into the number 10 (i.e. in the access-list) it will be included in the route-map. here it is the number will match the route-map.

hope you understand my explenation.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Khan,

if names are different no problem otherwise the second overrides the first you can make a try on a lab router.

First name identify the configuration object, then the sequence number identifies the position in the object this is valid also for route-maps.

every route-map block is characterized by a name, an action permit|deny and a sequence number.

When needed multiple blocks clauses can be used but the route-map is made of all the blocks in the correct order (given by the sequence number)

So in both cases no problems

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks man its always really nice to get answer from you....u have replied my many quiries and this one is as usual a v nice one...thanks bud....u r too good just fell like telling ya

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

As long as different names applied then both can be applied.

The sequence number if defined or not is created once statment is configured and incremented by 5.

A route-map should have a Match and Set clauses defined.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: