Configuring PSTN switch in lab for CCIE voice studies

Unanswered Question
Nov 10th, 2008

Hello,

I am studying for the CCIE voice and would like to set up a PSTN switch in my home lab. I have three ISRs that I would like phones in each "branch" to be able to call any other branch via T1 PRI. Currently, each of my ISRs have a VWIC-1MFT-T1, and would like to have the cards terminate to VWIC-1MFT-T1 cards on the PSTN switch. Can someone recommend a low-cost solution for the PSTN switch? For those familiar with or studying for the exam, can you recommend a method of connecting the gatekeeper to this setup as well? Any help or wisdom is appeciated.

-Shikamaru

-Shikamaru

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Chris Deren Tue, 11/11/2008 - 11:52

use anotehr router with VWIC ports and configure the D-channel as following:

int serial x/x/x:23

isdn protocol-emulate network

HTH,

Chris

carlbaccus Mon, 11/17/2008 - 12:37

I had the same question awhile back. My only other question is: If I wanted to route back to another PRI would I just set it up as a generic h323 gateway and route from one inbound PRI to another outbound PRI via h323 and pots dial peers?

Thanks!

Chris Deren Mon, 11/17/2008 - 12:55

Are you talking about on the PSTN side? It depends on your configuration, if you have CM controlling that GW, etc. But you can control anything you want with dial peers.

Chris

carlbaccus Mon, 11/17/2008 - 12:57

Sorry should have clarified that... I was speaking of the PSTN simulator side only. And I believe you answered the question...just use dial-peers.

Thanks again!

Actions

This Discussion