Views
Helpful
Replies

IP communicator not ringing

n_vigneshr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I have installed Cisco IP communicator in my Win Xp Laptop. IPC is registerd to the callmanager 4.2.Whenever some one calls me i can see the display showing the incomming call with details of ID..But the IPC ringing tone is not heared in my laptop speaker.. I see the popup menu showing the incoming call marked slash on the speaker..i tried reinstalling the s/f but no gain...

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It may have selected a different output device for the ringer?

Right click on the IP communicator window, click 'Preferences...' and the the 'Audio' tab. Ensure the 'Ringer' device is set to a device that plays through your speakers and isn't turned down/muted in the Windows sound control panel.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

ya i checked wat u mentioned..but still im getting the same problem.. but i can hear songs

Similar issue here, i have everything set up properly, the test ring on the audio configuration plays through the speakers but when i receive a real call it does not, and only comes through headset (which is USB).

It wasn't ringing properly in the headset either after making all the adjustments so i closed ipc out entirely and re launched afterward it worked correctly.

Turns out that the person/s who have access to the phone manager software can set the buttons on the screen, our DND was only showing when a call came in and the mute button on the call pop up was disabled. So we were on DND by mistake and didn't know.

All we had to do to unmute the ringer was to click DND when the call came in and the ringer rings through the speaker. :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: