cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 gateway with Avaya 8700

jerome.lopez
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to integrate with Avaya using H323 gw.

incoming call from avaya is happening But from the CM is not going out busy tone is showing. i created region , device pool for this and create a gateway point to avaya ipbx . But registration unkown in CM gateway option.

5 Replies 5

casey.royer
Level 1
Level 1

Verify the Dial plan... Are you sending the right amount of digits (of an active extension) to the Avaya system?

I have created route pattern to reach avaya which is 8XXX

Couple things to check:

- Is the 8XXX extension built on the Avaya system?

- On Avaya: "List trace TAC ###" (TAC of the trunk group on Avaya) to see if the call is making it to the Avaya trunk group. If you don't see it there, then the problem is on the cisco system. If you see it there, its likely a signaling issue on the Avaya side.

- Verify Signal Group assigned on the Avaya Trunk Group. DTMF protocol, and etc...There are several docs online on how to setup the Avaya signal group for connection to various Cisco gateways.

peter.cheng
Level 1
Level 1

For CCM, The H323 gateway's status is always unknown, so you don't need to woory about it. If both CM and Avaya setting are correct, it's okay.

You can reference this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/pbx/interop/notes/technote_h323trunk_ext.pdf

I think it'll be helpful. I follow the document and it works. The only issue is that I don't know why sometimes Avaya shows in-service and sometimes shows out-of-service, so the call is not always okay.

Thanks

I follow the document Still i am not able to make calls to Avaya .But from AVAya calls are landing. my scenario lik ethis

CISCO CCM6.1.2 --FWall--internte-FWAll--AVAYA

Any advice..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: