Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 DFM Event Sets

hasmurizal
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

in the Event Sets Notification Services for DFM, which one is to be enabled, for the alerts to trigger if the router/switch is not detected or WAN link down.

I have tried the "OperationallyDown" but it also detected the shut interfaces. please advice. thank you.

My scenarios are router down (wan link dead or cannot ping wan interface) or user Lan down (fastethernet 0/0/0) interface status down & protocol down.

Please advice on how to customize a particular port or service even sets. thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Event Sets only allow you to customize what events are sent as notifications (e.g. email notifications). If this is what you want, then enable add Unresponsive to your event set. However, based on your other sentence, you are also interested when an interface goes down, so you will need to enable OperationallyDown as well.

If you only want to be alerted when FastEthernet0/0/0 goes down on a device, then you will need to unmanage all other interfaces under DFM > Device Management > Device Details, then apply your settings under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Apply Changes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Event Sets only allow you to customize what events are sent as notifications (e.g. email notifications). If this is what you want, then enable add Unresponsive to your event set. However, based on your other sentence, you are also interested when an interface goes down, so you will need to enable OperationallyDown as well.

If you only want to be alerted when FastEthernet0/0/0 goes down on a device, then you will need to unmanage all other interfaces under DFM > Device Management > Device Details, then apply your settings under DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Apply Changes.

All right, i'll give it a shot. I think this answers my questions. thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: