- Blue, 1500 points or more
I've got the feeling that the CSDiscovery process does not take care of the flag 'Update DCR Display Name' anymore. These were the global settings used for the discovery job (no filters are in use, only CDP module, use DCR as seed and jump router boundaries enabled)
Preferred DCR Display Name: Host Name
Preferred Management IP: Resolve By SysName
Update DCR Display Name: Yes
Use Default Credentials: Yes
ICMP Timeout: 1000
ICMP Retry: 1
InterPacket Timeout: 20
Add Discovered Devices to a Group: No
Selected Group Name:
This is the second time I could see this behaviour. I saw this 1x windows2k3 and 1x solaris9 both with LMS 3.1;
On windows it was a fresh install of LMS 3.1; after the initial disco all devices (around 70) were found but no name resolution was present (thus they were in DCR with their IP); I configured the hosts file but even after several disco cycles the hostnames were not updated. I deleted all devices and they appeared with resolved hostnames with the next disco cycle.
Now I see it again on solaris.
I have a device with sysName_1 and IP_1(fa0/0) and IP_2 (loopback0) ;the Device is present in DCR with IP_1 because sysName_1 is not in DNS. This is ok acording to the 'Resolve by SysName' mechanism.
Now sysName_1 was changed to sysName_2 which resolves to IP_2 in DNS. After the next disco cycle I could see the device in the list 'Total Devices Discovered' with the corrected sysName_2. But when I checked the list 'Devices Updated to DCR' no change happened. The device was still listed with IP_1 as the 'IP Address' and as the 'Display Name' and 'Host Name'.
With my current knowledge of CSDisocvery I would assume that the 'IP Address' and the 'Display Name' and 'Host Name' should be updated.