Views
Helpful
Replies

Blackberry Support

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I would like a way to have my blackberry device register to callmanager and act as an ip phone when it connects to a WLAN.

I have found conflicting reports in other forums that this is possible or not.

I have read about the mobile communicator but would like to confirm that you have to have the full blown mobility server in order for this to work.

If anybody has any info I would appreciate it. Thanks

Jason

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Mobile Communicator doesn't make your phone into an IP phone - it just extends voicemail (via IMAP type access), presence, corporate directory and so on out to the phone. Calls are still based over the public telephony network.

There are various apps available for Blackberry (a Unity voicemail app, Mobile Communicator, possibly others) but no IP-telephony type apps as far as I'm aware.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi!

is there any new news regarding this issue for Blackberry Phones as a IP Phone?

Regards

Rafa

so what is the app that helps you dial *81

*82 and so on the basic

mobile connect features, my sales man can not help me

Hector  in San Antonio, Texas

You need to find a SIP client for Blackberry devices. If you find one, you can just add a Third Party SIP Device Basic in UCM. Cisco has no direct IP-based client for Blackberries or other mobile handsets.

Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator runs across the GSM or CDMA network. On some devices Mobile Communicator can provide you the soft keys to make Enterprise Feature Access (such as *81) easier. You need a Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage server to use this product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: