Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway don't send ras messages

aherraez77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I am configuring a gw h323 to register with a gk, but don't work.

I have configured the gk with the h323-gateway id zone ipaddr IP and I have activated the gw with the gateway command.

With sh h323 gateway ras I see that there is 0 registration messages send.

I have the IOS version 12.4(19b)

Can someone help me?

thanks

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Could you please post your config from both the gateway and the gatekeeper and also enable a debug h225 asn1 on the GW then try a no gateway / gateway and capture the output and upload it to the post.

//Jorge

Hello Jorge:

this is the ouput from:

GW_SIP#sh gateway

H.323 ITU-T Version: 4.0 H323 Stack Version: 0.1

H.323 service is up

Gateway GW_SIP is not registered to any gatekeeper

Alias list (CLI configured)

H323-ID GW_SIP

Alias list (last RCF) is empty

The h323 service is up but I have made a no gateway. It is the same that when I have the gataway command. Why is h323 service up?

The configuration from the gateway is

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address XXXXXXXX

duplex auto

speed auto

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip id Everyone ipaddr XXXXXX 1719

h323-gateway voip h323-id GW_SIP

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr XXXXXXXX

Thanks you

Antonio

Yeah, if you can post your GK config.

Here is what I use:

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip id APC ipaddr xxx.xxx.xxx 1718 (will vary between region and region loopback interface)

h323-gateway voip h323-id hok1@xxx.com (will vary based on location)

h323-gateway voip tech-prefix 1#

Hi,

the truth is that I don't have any gk configuration. The GK is a polycom pathnavigator. I don't know if this is the problem but, I think that al least I must to see a rrq from the gw. there is nothing. In theory with the comand gateway, the gw must to start sending rrq messages

I have tried with the ip address of the gk and with the option multicast for gk discovery, but nothing happens.

kind regards

Antonio

The only time you use RAS and H323 registration is between Cisco GW and GKs.. i dont think it will work at all with other vendors equipment. The RAS messages are proprietary I believe.

The only reason to use GW to GK registration is for call admissions control and signaling. Im not really familar with the pathnavigator.

For example with the Cisco GW and GK, it behaves as follows:

Local H323 receives an incoming message or request... example, dial pattern 8* Dial Peer 1 has patter 8* pointed to RAS.

RAS is regisreted with designated GK from the Loopback or Ethernet interface on the GW.

GK receives the signal or request for connection, looks up on it's table for 8*, which zone local or remote and then sends the call off to the next device (GK or GW)

Once the signal is established, the RAS connection simply monitors the connection status. The actual RTP packets are from GW to GW.

So if your polycomnavigor is doing RTP packets as well, you are better off not trying to use registration and send the call to the polycom as a Dial peer, IP xxx.xxx.xxx. h323, codec, etc. The RAS is not doing any good for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: