cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE 4.1.1c upgrade failures

richianaj
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to upgrade my field WAE devices, from a software image on my WAE MC (WAE-512). The image is 4.1.1c, this was fine until I upgraded the MC to 4.1.1c, and now every attempt from the GUI or CLI (FTP COPY INSTALL command) fails. Both state the file maybe corrupt or truncated (I have deleted the source image, re-download a new one from Cisco and uploaded to the MC, with no improvement).

5 Replies 5

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

I had similar problems, when trying to upgrade form 4.013. I upgraded first all WAEs to 4.019, then the CM. I then upgraded the CM to 4.1.1b, and then the WAEs.

You have to upgrade to latest 4.0 before going to 4.1.

Thanks for your help, my MC was on 4.1.1b before so I don't think this is the cause of the issue.

Regards,

Richard

Okay, try burning the image to a CD and reload and select last option ( I forget eitehr 7 or 8).

Once on CM, then try copy ftp install.

I have been upgrading from 4.1.1b to 4.1.1c

had no problem with downloading the software to the boxes

I should meantion that in further testing, upgrades to WAEs on the same LAN as the CM worked with no problem from the same software image.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: