I'm setting up IP trunking from our Avaya systems to our Cisco systems, but I'm running into issues with the Unity integration. I call the extensions at these sites (from Avaya), and have no problems if they are answered. If the Cisco extension covers to our centralized Unity system, the call fails. Example:
1. I call 61-5255
2. Avaya strips the 61 and send 5255 to Cisco in Arizona.
3. Cisco in Arizona rings, then goes to cover.
4. Avaya phone displays Cisco VM hunt # 8900.
5. I hear silence for 5-10 seconds.
6. Fast busy
7. Avaya Denial event 1197 on TAC trace.
It's definitely VoIP related, but I'm new to the Cisco world, and do not understand the signaling behind Cisco's coverage process? If I try a phone that has local voicemail at that site, the call goes to voicemail no problem. I'm thinking it has to do with the redirection of the call to the voicemail over the IP trunk.
Calls from Cisco to Avaya work flowlessly.
Any thoughts or ideas?