cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

urgent help need on configuring MPLS TE

tarjbains
Level 1
Level 1

i found that CSPF is not finding other path still there is no bandwith on SPF path and tunnel1 remain down if i down second tunne2 then tunnel 1 comes up not try to use other interfaces which r free with enough bandwidth. all router have MPLS TE and RSVP.

please read all in detail below

my freinds i have one Q. for MPLS TE. i m using 3660 router for MPLS TE on dayanagen simulater. in this lab there is 5 routers with 512 kbp RSVP on each interface all router with MPLS TE. configure are as->

R1 /0 ---R2 /0

R2 ==== R3 have Two interfaces s1/1 and s1/3

R2 /2-----R5 /2 interface connection

R3 ---- R5 int connection

R3 ---- R4 tunnel to R4 from R1,R2 with 300kb each

tunnel1 on R1 to R4 with 300kb rsvp TE

tunnel2 on R1 to R3 with 50kb rsvp TE

tunnel1 on R2 to R4 with 300kb rsvp TE

diagram like that below (ignore ..dots)

R1---R2=====R3----R4

.......I_______I

..........R5

i created tunnels from R1----> R4 with 300Kb.

second R1---->R5 with 50Kbp tunnel

and

on R2---->R4 tunnel with 300kbp.

PROBLEM IS when R1 tunnel go via R2 to R4 it takes s1/1 interface with 300rsvp. means for R2 tunnel should find next interface for same destination R4 becaused there is not enough space.On one of remaining on interfaces on R2 s1/3 or S1/2 but R2-->R4 tunnel remain down. when i down R1---R4 tunnel R2--R4 tunnel comes up on same interface. NOW when i up R2 tunnel first and later R1. then same thing again R1 down and wait for R2 tunnel to go down.then up on same interface. if u see there is still two path r free to go R4 on R2

1. R2 s1/3 ----> s1/3 of R3

2. R2 s1/2 ---->s1/2 of R5 with both 512 kb RSVP

there is using R2 s1/1 for tunnel

why not with help of CSPF it takes other path when 512 link is also free on R2 router to same destination??? its on dyanamips is it can problem with simulater.

it means that on R2 using SPF path for R4 for both tunnel and not trying to find other CSPF path thats why my two interfaces are free with 512kbp RSVP on same router R2. why not CSPF using other remaining path. and down one of tunnel because of there is no space on tht s1/1 interface........

PLZZ ANSER ME I NEVA USE MPLS TE B4

thanks in advance!

6 Replies 6

tarjbains
Level 1
Level 1

SORRY I Didnt mention that i am using OSPF protocol for routing in this lab. OSPF protocol.

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tarj,

Do you configure dynamic or static tunnels? Please attach the configs.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

sorry m8 for late reply i had sort the first problem.there is one q for u pla reply me.

Question

now i have one question. i am trying to use TE with MPLS VPN site to site. as you know site to site MPLS VPN send traffic both way from R1 to R2 and R2 to R1.

but if i create MPLS TE tunnel1 on R1 to destination R2 then all traffic from R1 will go via tunnel1. but traffic from R2 wil go to R1 via normal route becasue tunnels is one way onli can see on R1

that means i have to create tunnels at both end in opposite directions. please reply me.

MPLS VPN site to site between R1 --- R2 have to create tunnels for both direction because tunnel work in on way?

R1 ---->R2 tunnel1

R1<-----R2 tunnel2

thanks

What type of ospf network type are you using?, and what is your explicit path next address setup look like?

thank you

sorry m8 for late reply i had sort the problem. it occur because i was using 4 router now when i used TE with 12 router on daynagen it is working fine.

Question

now i have one question. i am trying to use TE with MPLS VPN site to site. as you know site to site MPLS VPN send traffic both way from R1 to R2 and R2 to R1.

but if i create MPLS TE tunnel1 on R1 to destination R2 then all traffic from R1 will go via tunnel1. but traffic from R2 wil go to R1 via normal route becasue tunnels is one way onli can see on R1

that means i have to create tunnels at both end in opposite directions. please reply me.

MPLS VPN site to site between R1 --- R2 have to create tunnels for both direction because tunnel work in on way?

R1 ---->R2 tunnel1

R1<-----R2 tunnel2

thanks

Tarj,

That is correct. TE tunnels are unidirectional in nature so you need to configure a tunnel in each direction if you want traffic from r1 to r2 and vice versa to be forwarded via a TE tunnel.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: