Staff taking too long on their phones.

Unanswered Question
Nov 12th, 2008

We recently deployed a Cisco Unified Callmanager for a client in town.

Its working okay but i have a problem:a number of staff are 'overusing' the facility-some staff are talking on the phone for extensively long periods of time-some even engage their phones for upto 4 hours-due to the CAC and AAR configurations some calls either end being dropped or channeled through the PSTN.

If i can find a solution where i can set the talk time to may be a maximum of 30 minutes then I'll be okay.

All am asking for is some guidance on setting the maximum talk time,it can even be better if i can have a solution for interbranch calls(limited) and unlimited for the HQ where bandwidth is not a problem.

Thank you.

Nick.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tim Smith Wed, 11/12/2008 - 04:28

Hi,

No easy out of the box solution here.

My suggestion would be to use the old fashioned people approach.

Configure CDR. Give your managers / team leaders / supervisors access to their teams lines.

Check reports for excessive calls.. take appropriate people level action.

You can also buy 3rd party products to monitor CDR, and set business rules / alerts etc to assist with this.

Also check the calling priviliges of people and adjust if possible.

Cheers,

Tim.

allan.thomas Wed, 11/12/2008 - 05:33

One alternative would be to change the maximum call duration, however this is applicable to all phones.

Within the CallManager service parameters, there is a maximum call duration timer service parameter, this also controls the maximum conference duration.

The default is 720 minutes, so you could change this to something more appropriate. As I said this is applicable to all Phones, so 30 minutes may or may not be practical?

Rgds

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

Actions

This Discussion